Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. During this time, I wanted to reach out and update you on how we’re approaching the situation at Avanti Circuits.
First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery. And we’re truly inspired by the selfless healthcare workers around the world who are on the front lines working tirelessly to care for people in need.
Second, at Avanti we are focused on the health and safety of our employees, families and communities and are taking the following measures.
- Monitoring and incorporating the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) into our current business practices.
- Educating our employees on preventative steps that can be taken to reduce exposure to the virus including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when sick.
- Covering cough or sneeze, preferably with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Requiring employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4°F or greater), signs of a fever, and any other acute symptoms for at least 72 hours.
- Performing routine environmental cleaning of our office and workspaces.
Third, Avanti’s doors are open, we are fully staffed and equipped and we intend to continue operations throughout this difficult time. Avanti is part of the Defense Industrial Base as defined by the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security. Per a memorandum issued by The Undersecretary of Defense on March 20, 2020, Avanti has been advised that we have a responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule. It is imperative that we continue to support our defense and medical commitments during this crisis. We appreciate the opportunity to serve our loyal customers for the past 38 years and will continue to do so.
Avanti operations are supported by a number of strategic suppliers and we are in contact with all of them continually to ensure they apply comparable mitigation practices with their teams, while still maintaining service levels. We are maintaining a database of updates and feedback from suppliers to ensure we can quickly respond to any interruptions in our supply chain. Finally, we have ramped up inventories of materials where appropriate to provide additional time to respond to a supply chain disruption.
This is uncharted territory for us all, but we are committed to making decisions that are best for our employees, customers and the continuity of our operations.
As we go forward, we’ll be sure to keep you updated, and know that we always value your questions or comments.
Avanti Circuits, Inc.